Friday, December 25, 2009

Commonwealth Games gold is next target: Chetan

Amit Kumar Das

New Delhi, Dec 25 (PTI) Ace Indian shuttler Chetan Anand dreams of winning a gold medal in next year's Commonwealth Games and says he would prepare for the mega event in a such way that he gets regular match practice and also improve on fitness front.

The winner of the recently held Syed Modi Grand Prix is hoping that home conditions would help him realise his dream.

"I am aiming to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Games next year. Playing at home will be a huge advantage and I think I should exploit the conditions to put pressure on my rivals and play to my strength," Chetan told PTI.

Talking about his preparation for the next season, Chetan said focus would be on better planning with major emphasis on fitness.

No comments: